Here's better version of one of Spoiled Rotten's first posts! Homemade pore strips just kinda rule, especially considering that they only require a few materials and cost next to nothing. And they aren't toxic. Check out the ingredients in Biore's Pore Strips:
POLYQUATERNIUM-37, SILICA, WATER, GLYCERIN, POLYSILICONE-13, PEG-12 DIMETHICONE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, HAMAMELIS VIRGINIANA (WITCH HAZEL) EXTRACT, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARYL GLYCYRRHETINATE, METHYLPARABEN.
Ew! Here's all you need to make your own:
- 1/2 tsp of gelatin powder
- 2 tbsp of water
- Measuring spoons
- Shot glass, or something like it
- Brush of some kind
- Paper towel
- Cut your paper towel into a pore strip shape.
- Mix your gelatin powder and water in your shot glass and stir.
- Microwave for 10 seconds. If you don't have a microwave, just try slightly hot water.
- Stir some more.
- Test this on your skin to make sure it's not too hot.
- Brush the inside of your paper towel pore strip with a generous amount of the gelatin mixture.
- Apply to your face. Smooth down with the brush, getting rid of air bubbles and adding more of the mixture if needed.
- Allow to dry for about 10 minutes, or until it's hard.
- Peel 'er off.
- Be fascinated.
- Continue to be fascinated for as long as you need.
- Rinse your face with water and pat dry.
Enjoy being super gorgeous forever and ever!