You must be thinking, "Hm... Apprrot Sauce. What the heck is that?" It's apple sauce with carrots, ya big dummy!
The other day I had a craving for some warm applesauce. I walked into the kitchen and I saw two sad carrots sitting on the counter. They were a few days old and didn't look so hot.
I remembered that the best parties are the kind where everyone's invited. Thus, I made Apprrot Sauce! And it was so good. For a moment I felt like a great inventor, until I realized that this is really just baby food and I'm sure is common in daycares all over the world.
- 2 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 Apples, cored. Peeling is optional.
- Vanilla extract
- Toss your carrots, apples and a cup-ish of water in a pot on low heat.
- Add generous amounts of cinnamon, and a bit of vanilla. Your call on how much.
- Cover and stir often. Make sure the water doesn't dry up. If it does, add more.
- After 20-30 minutes, and everything is sufficiently mushy, blend with whatever machine you've got.
Enjoy your treat, ya big baby!